Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Easiest chicken & stuffing bake recipe ever!

My sister made this recipe book for me 5 or so years ago and this recipe was in there. Pretty sure she doesn't remember where she got it (like most of the recipes in there!). They were just some she had in her own collection. Either way, it is delicious, quick, easy and my husband LOVES it. Chicken, butter (or margarine), stuffing, can cream of mushroom soup and parsley.

My sister and I in Arizona, 2006

So, here's where I'm going to tell you that my husband has a sensitive stomach. He can't eat spicy foods and usually most stuff I really like, he doesn't. Go figure. He had told me before that he hated stuffing. Picky, picky, picky. Sheesh. ;)
Anyhoo, I hadn't tried out many of these recipes yet, so I decided to make this one, in spite of the fact of his distaste for stuffing. It has mushrooms in it. He loves mushrooms. He'll be fine. 
45 minutes later, we sat down to eat aaaand...whattya know?! He had nothing but good things to say about it. SCORE! His dad and step-mom came to visit a while back and I made this dish for them, only with cream of chicken rather than mushroom, since she doesn't like them. Still, a good dish but we like the mushroom version better.
 He actually requested it this evening, since I haven't made it in a while. Which brought me to this post. :) Recipe below if you would like to try it! 


Ingredients:
1/2 cup boiling water
1 tbsp margarine or butter, melted
4 cups (one package) stuffing. I usually use stove-top. Try which ever brand you like.
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves. 
Paprika (I leave this one out, for hubs.)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp dried parsley flakes

  • Mix water & margarine. Add stuffing mix.
  • Spoon stuffing across center of baking dish, leaving space for chicken on both sides.
  • Arrange chicken on each side.
  • Sprinkle with paprika
  • Mix soup, milk & parsley. Pour over chicken.
  • Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Uncover & bake 15 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink.
  • Serves 6 small portions (or in our case, myself, my husband and our 19 month old! Ha!) 
Delish!


I usually up the amount of chicken, which means I bump up the time as well. You can adjust accordingly.

Enjoy!
mk

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Kiser, too by Maria Kiser is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.