Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hoot hoot!

I am LOVING my new sewing machine. Daddy B and Ruke Duke headed out to run errands this morning, so I had the afternoon to turn on Pandora and get to work. My music station choice? Bloodhound Gang. Seriously. This ain't yer grandma's sewing! Ha! :)

I've gotten so burned out on country and pop music lately, that I could scream. I definitely enjoyed hearing The Offspring, NIN, (it even played some Johnny Cash!) as well as a few new ones that literally made me LOL.

Anyway, on to my original blog post (I tend to be quite scatter-brained. Sorry.)

I saw some pictures and HAD to try these for myself. They aren't quite as refined, but they're still way cute.





In the process of making the first one (black), my husband made a little funny. "Hoo are you making it for?" Ha. (Guess you just had to be there). My response was "I have no idea. Just practicing".
He then informed me that his mom loves owls. Hooray! Christmas gift!




They really aren't hard to do, it simply takes a little time to cut the circles, pin and sew. I hadn't yet used a machine for circular stitching, so that took a little practice. The little one is a little messier in spots, but I finally got the hang of it after the first eye.




The peach one didn't turn out quite like I wanted, but that's because I accidentally skipped a step. I originally meant to sew on the "wings" like I did the black one, but the scatter-brain kicked in and I ended up sewing the body together before doing so. Thus, the "feathers". It didn't turn out horrible, but still not like I really wanted. I went to add in some hand stitching, but that would have taken SO long to do.

Practice, practice, practice!!




I REALLY love being able to take scraps of fabric and turn them into something cute. Or useful. Or both!

I will probably be doing handmade things for Christmas this year. Because I enjoy doing them. And because, like so many others, finances are still a little tight for us, even with my small income.


If you're a beginner sewer, what are your favorite projects to try? If you're seasoned, what projects would you suggest for us rookies to try?
Tip Junkie handmade projects
Also linking up at Sweet Little Gals turquoise lovin' party!

2 comments:

  1. There is just a splash of turquoise on the one, but okay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIRL! Those are adorable!!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Kiser, too by Maria Kiser is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.