Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever.

I am serious. BEST. COOKIES. EVER. They're soft, gooey and wonderfully delicious. I would be doing a huge disservice by not sharing this recipe.

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (I usually use salted butter, because I never want to look for unsalted! And I just leave out the teaspoon of salt.)
  • 1cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 1 heaping cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

Beat melted butter and sugars on medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes. And try to resist eating the yummy, sugary goodness!).

Butter and sugars, stirred.


On low speed, add the egg and vanilla until combined. Gradually stir in flour mixture just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.


Scoop mounds of dough onto cookie sheet. My wonderful momma introduced me to parchment paper. I ALWAYS use it for cookies. It helps them to not burn and gives them a wonderfully soft but crispy-ish bottom. (As contradicting as that sounds!)



Bake 12-16 minutes, depending on your oven. I bake mine at 14 minutes. Don't over bake!!
Place them on a wire rack to cool. Store in an air-tight container.


To keep stored cookies fresh, add a few slices of bread in with them. You know how cookies get that stale taste after a while. But, I doubt these will last that long. They're THAT good.

Try the recipe. And let me know if you do and how much you love them! :)

xo-mk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Kiser, too by Maria Kiser is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.