Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Happy birthday little man!!



 Our little guy is two. Wow!








Hard to believe that much time has gone by. Just yesterday, he was little bitty.
Not really. But it sure seems that way.

I decided to make him a Thomas cake from scratch. (Serious.) I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I have never baked a cake before, other than open box, add milk and eggs, stir, pour.
It really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. And I am SUPER glad I did this for him.


 
I followed this recipe. It was delish. The first marble cake recipe I tried from All Recipes was terrible. It was heavy, tasted flour-y, and just not good. So it got trashed.

Once I figured out the cake mix, I had to figure out how in the world I was gonna get Thomas on there. I ended up free-handing it all. Just the decoration alone took me two long hours.
All worth it though. Even though he won't remember it, he will have these photos to look back on.






My guys are my life. xo

-mk



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Kiser, too by Maria Kiser is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.