Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

DIY Mommy Business Cards!

How many times have you been out with the kiddos, at the park, grocery store, doctor's appointment, and had the chance to strike up a good conversation with a fellow mom, but then never have a pen or your phone handy to exchange your contact information?  Or maybe you've had to rush off and just didn't get the chance.  Or if you're like me, you're just a tad flighty at times and simply didn't even think of it.
I thought of this after an appointment today, when I actually DID strike up a conversation with a fellow Army Wife who had just moved back to this area while her husband is deployed.  Now, I've been at Fort Stewart for almost a year and haven't really met a lot of women that I have clicked with. Army life is hard enough in itself...not having many close friends makes it that much harder.  And I can almost never find a pen in the bottomless pit, known as my purse. Trying to dig through diapers, toys, receipts, and what ever else may manage to get stuck in there by my son, is just ridiculous. I did come across an awesome sewing tutorial today, over at Tip Junkie (from the blog To Sew With Love), that will hold diapers, wipes, keys and is PERFECT for a quick trip out of the house.  Another great project to do...once I get a machine! Which needs to be soon. My sew board on Pinterest is rather full.
Anyhoo, getting back to my original point...which was what? Oh, yes...Mommy Business Cards! Or Mommy Call Cards, whichever rolls off your tongue better. I originally went to Vistaprint to check out what selections they had and price.  Then thought, 'wait. I can do this myself!'. And I just happened to have some heavier card-stock type paper buried in my scrapbook bin. Score!!

So, I went into Microsoft Word and got busy. Imported a photo of Lucas and myself, created a text box, arranged the photo in the box after arranging everything the way I wanted.  I'm sure there is probably an easier way to do this, (like downloading a business card template, duh) BUT, I didn't like all of the aspects of the templates I came across and it was getting to be a pain trying to configure the writing on the card the way I wanted it....and make every card look the same. (My Office class in college was almost 5 years ago. I'm a little rusty.)


It took me a bit but I am thrilled with the outcome!!


Print the front

Add some quotes on the back, for the sake of whimsy :)

Cut them out




Hooray for cute little cards! To hand out to fellow Mamas who may have their hands full as well! (Of course, the ugly smudges where my phone number should be is not like that on the actual card.)




Now, go socialize!


xo-mk



Tip Junkie handmade projects

2 comments:

Creative Commons License
Kiser, too by Maria Kiser is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.