Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fall is on its way!

A sign.
{with my sons cute little foot and Spongebob PJ's ;) }



Not seeing any colors besides green around here yet, though!

Living in Southern Georgia for almost a year now, has made me actually miss cool weather.  WHAT?!?  I despise being cold.  I do not like snow.  I was thrilled when we moved here and I was in a tank top and jeans in March.  Nice, cool breeze, beautiful sunshine, windows open.  Yes!!  That was until the area forest fires started around April.  Southeast of Savannah is all swamp land, it STINKS when it burns and the smoke covers the majority of the area.  So much for windows open.
To top that off, summer really hit around the end of May, with 90 degree temperatures...and 70+% humidity.  Gross.  Flies, gnats and mosquitoes like I have never seen before.  Savannah's baseball team name??  The Sand Gnats. {Serious.}  So, believe me when I tell you, this summer-loving girl has never been SO excited to see fall, in. her. life.  In addition to living in Georgia and Tennessee, I also lived in Phoenix, Arizona for a few years.  I'll take 115° and dry over 105° and 80% humidity any day.
Needless to say, my son and I have spend most of the summer indoors because it is just too miserable.   I wish I could say I was able to do tons of crafting, but unfortunately, that isn't the case.  I am getting back into the swing of things though, so that is quickly changing! :)

What did you and your family do to stay cool this summer?  What projects did you complete that you had been putting off? Feel free to share!

xo-mk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Kiser, too by Maria Kiser is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.